Monday, February 14, 2011

The Day of Valentine

Well, guys, it's that day of the year again. The day when happy couples go buy each other little gifts and go on little dates and generally be happy. The day when single people sit around and mope and say how much they hate Valentine's day, how it's not a real holiday at all, etc. The day when some people make bold moves and others of us are too scared to do anything...

Personally, I like Valentine's day. Not because I have a valentine (that I'm brave enough to get something for) but because it provides us with future potential. It gives us a day to make something significant. For example, say you really liked this girl, but wanted to wait for a meaningful time to ask her out (as opposed to just walking up to her in the hall). Valentine's day provides us with that opportunity...

But only if you're brave enough to take it.

I am, by nature, a person who sees fit to watch and wait until I am sure that the outcome of whatever action I take will be in my favor. (Most modern English speakers translate that sentence as "coward") I had actually talked myself into getting something for Mia last night. It took me about three hours (and 6 advisors), but I did finally said I was gunna do it.

And then I went to sleep.

Sleep seems to be the great courage-drainer. Any boldness you possess before you fall asleep gets lost somewhere within the ethereal realm of dreams. Then again, it could be the sun. I'm quite convinced that something as bright and shiny and hot can NOT actually be a symbol of benevolence. In fact, I'm positive that the sun is inherently evil, a great masquerader posing as a friend to mankind. Secretly, it feeds on our desires, our dreams, crushing them under it's evil, evil light...

*Ahem*. Anyway, I'm waiting for a more opportune moment to make my move. Chickening out, in layman's terms. Which might actually be the better of the two choices. I can see both outcomes very clearly in my head. My limited future-predicting skills are useless in this situation...

I wish I were a demon hunter. Or a vampire slayer. Or, heck, even a vampire. Anything but a human with a hyper-active imagination... but, again, that's a story for another post.

Happy(ish) Valentines Day!

James
Demon hunter wanna-be, Vampire Slayer wanna-be, General Coward in All Things Relationship-Related, etc., etc.

Edit: Of course, after I wrote this, one of my multiple personalities took offence, claiming he'd worked too hard the other night to let it all go to waste. He took it to James Court, where they're debating about wither or not it would be a good idea to get something. Currently, the "good ideas" are winning. For the moment. 


Department of Secrets Official Notice:
The Department of Secrets would like to make a special notice informing all those who are reading this blog: the reception of a gift - in the event of an affirmative ruling by the Court - does not necessarily confirm that you are or are not Mia. All those wishing to know the identity of said character are hereby directed to the Ministry of Bribes and Underhanded Dealings.

4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post so far!!!! especially since ive heard your personalities fighting. very amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they have a strange tendency to be extremely violent... It must be left over from my days as a hit man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess i'm the single person who mopes around and says how much i hate valentines day.. but i'm quite content being the single girl that i am.. haha

    so, happy single awareness day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that! But I must admit, your multiple personalities should really speak with the Eleven voices floating around in my neighbors head. Sadly, only one of them has violent tendencies that compare to yours (He's a death knight giraffe, go figure!), but they could relate nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete